Monday, May 19, 2008

Introduction

Dear Friends,

As I have been reminiscing about my Thatha's life, I feel as though I have been rummaging through my memory trove to preciously guard every moment for posterity. Some of my recollections are of innocent interactions that are windows into his personality and quintessential spirit. Other memories are of his inspirational larger-than-life lessons that characterized the lens through which he viewed the world, and the basis for which he led a dignified and compassionate life built on uncompromising principles. These are sweeping statements that I feel entitled to make, as his granddaughter, but the purpose of this blog is to provide a forum for all those who have been touched by him to share anecdotes, details, nostalgia (in any form or medium), so that all of us have the opportunity to see the multifaceted influences of SKR. It is also a virtual album to preserve the power of words, images, and ideas that will help keep his luminous presence everlasting.

If you have anything you would like to share (text or photos), please e-mail me (priya381@gmail.com).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am Vyju Mukundan,one of SKR's granddaughters.SKR was the best thatha ever. He was talanted,modest,
kind hearted,and a great teacher. He always used to give good advice and tell remarkable stories that always had a good meaning.He was an extremly smart man and always had some quotes to say. He was outgoing and had a likable personality. I always remember and treasure every moment i have spent with him. I will never forget the good times and the laughs we have had.I was very close to him. He was an amazing thatha and my very best friend. I miss him terribly and will continue to remember every moment we have spent. He will always be in my heart.-Vyju Mukundan